Saturday 2 February 2013

Crochet Christmas Presents - Comfy Cushions

My "investment" in the Art of Crochet series really came in handy for all of the Christmas presents that I made.  The patterns for all of the cakes came from this magazine, as did the patterns for these cushions that I made for my mother-in-law.

MIL had been looking for some orange cushions for ages to go in her lounge, which is decorated in neutral creams & browns with accents of orange in her ornaments etc.  I decided that I would make her some.

I LOVE these cushions!

I did another Union Jack pattern using brown, cream & orange.  This one went down so well that I am actually in the process of making another one for their other sofa!!! ( I only made one)


I also made 2 orange cushions that have a ribbed pattern & buttons to fasten the cases.  I got the buttons from Hobbycraft & think that they go really well.




I've had a request from my Mum to make some more of these, but in cream/white, so I think that this pattern will come in handy again soon!  I was surprised at how quickly I was able to make these - I think each of the plain orange ones took a few evenings.

These cushions have taken their place in my In-Laws' lounge & they go really nicely.  The only problem now is that they are so well loved that we have to move them out of the way of the girls when we visit to prevent grubby hand-prints from getting on them!!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment